Visitors to Western Australia can experience WA’s natural beauty, state-of-the-art venues and diverse culture in unique and unforgettable ways through an incredible range of world-class cultural, sporting and culinary events.
Here is a snapshot of events that will be held across the State between August and December 2017.
- A Taste of Broome – August 17 and September 6 | Broome | Australia’s North West
The Kimberley pearling town of Broome comes to life during this multi-arts, culinary and cultural festival that celebrates the area’s rich Indigenous heritage and diverse cultures. goolarri.com/atob
- CinefestOZ – August 23-27 | Busselton and surrounds | Australia’s South West
Australia’s premier destination film festival unites cinema stars, top screen industry professionals and thousands of film lovers in the spectacular surroundings of WA’s South West. cinefestoz.com
- National Ballooning Championships – September 2-9 | Northam | Experience Perth
During the national championships, up to 30 colourful balloons launch from the historic town of Northam, creating a breathtaking spectacle above the farmland as competitors show off their skills. northamnationals.com
- Shinju Matsuri – September 2-10 | Broome | Australia’s North West
Darren Robertson of Three Blue Ducks and guest judge on My Kitchen Rules has been announced as the headline chef for Shinju Matsuri 2017. The ‘festival of the pearl’ is a vibrant celebration of Broome’s proud multicultural and pearling history. shinjumatsuri.com.au
- Rugby League World Cup – November 12 | Perth | Experience Perth
Perth will be a Rugby League World Cup host city for the first time when a double-header clash – Wales v Ireland followed by England v France – lights up nib Stadium. www.nibstadium.com.au/events/rugby-league-world-cup
- Margaret River Gourmet Escape presented by Audi – November 16-19 | Margaret River Region | Australia’s South West
The ultimate culinary adventure brings together the world’s best food and wine experts for a unique weekend of satellite and fringe events including beach barbecues, long-table lunches, sundowners, Q&A sessions and more, surrounded by spectacular coastal, forest and rural scenery. gourmetescape.com.au
- Telstra Perth Fashion Festival – Swim and Resort Series – November | Fremantle | Experience Perth
The temperature will rise with dazzling local talent and breathtaking creations as the hottest swimwear and resort looks are revealed against the backdrop of Perth’s spectacular Indian Ocean coast. telstraperthfashionfestival.com.au/event/swim-resort-series
- Red Bull Lighthouse to Leighton – December 2-3 | Rottnest to Fremantle | Experience Perth
With the Indian Ocean providing ideal conditions, 135 participants will take on the 19 kilometre challenge from Rottnest Island to Fremantle, aiming to beat the Red Bull Lighthouse to Leighton record time of 22 minutes. lighthouse2leighton.com.au
- SunSmart IRONMAN Western Australia and IRONMAN 70.3 Busselton – December 3 | Busselton | Australia’s South West
One of only three Australian events on the global IRONMAN circuit, the SunSmart IRONMAN Western Australia is celebrated for its scenic course through the South West city of Busselton. After a power swim around the iconic Busselton Jetty, athletes cycle through picturesque tuart forests and run along the rugged coastline. ap.ironman.com
- Mastercard Hopman Cup – December 30 to January 6 | Perth
One of the world’s greatest tennis players, Roger Federer (pictured), will return to Australia’s sunniest capital city in December to compete in the Mastercard Hopman Cup 2018. The 18-time Grand Slam champion will represent Switzerland for the fourth time at the mixed teams tournament in Perth, which runs from December 30 to January 6. The full player line-up will be announced in October. https://hopmancup.com/
FEATURE PHOTO: Margaret River Gourmet Escape 1, courtesy of Elements Margaret River.